Bank of Edmonson County was established on October 5, 1925. On that day the dreams of five men came to life as the doors of the bank were opened and the people of Edmonson County were given a choice of where they conducted their banking.
The planning of founders Jesse T. Alexander, his brothers Luther F. Alexander and David W. Alexander, George W. Woodcock and N.E. (Ed) Vincent had paid off. Since that day Bank of Edmonson County has grown from a $15,000 entity to an over $200,000,000 enterprise. This has been accomplished by following the plan of its original founders and board of directors as well as the hard work and dedication of the generations that have followed them in leadership roles. Throughout Bank of Edmonson County’s over 85 years in business, the leadership of the bank has cultivated such levels of respect and confidence from their fellow citizens that the founders dream of organizing the "new bank" in Edmonson County has become a prospering reality.
Although a young institution at the beginning of "The Great Depression," the bank pressed onward and the doors of the bank stayed open throughout the crisis. In 1933, it became a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Bank of Edmonson County reached the status of a $1,000,000 bank in 1954, and grew another $1,000,000 over the next ten years. By June of 1971, Bank of Edmonson County had moved into its current facility on the south side of Brownsville's public square. The new building welcomed new levels of success as well, for within six years the bank had reached the $10,000,000 mark in assets. Throughout the remainder of the 1970s and through the 1980s, economic prosperity and rapid growth pushed the bank past $50,000,000 in total assets.
In 1989, Bank of Edmonson County completed its first expansion to the current building, which added five offices to one wing of the bank. As the successful decade of the 1990s drew to a close and a new millennium began, the bank had grown from a $54,000,000 bank in 1990 to a $124,000,000 operation. As before, with growth came the realization that additional space was necessary. In 2001, Bank of Edmonson County finished its second expansion to the current facility. This time, it added eight new offices, a second conference room, handicapped-accessible restrooms on each floor, additional storage space, and an elevator.
In 2003, after much thought, Bank of Edmonson County announced plans to build its very first branch which would be located in Bowling Green. It was a decision that had been carefully studied by the board of directors and management and would prove to be a good fit into the Warren County market. The doors of the branch were opened on October 24, 2004 and it has seen steady growth since the first day of business. Bank of Edmonson County has also offered new, cutting edge technologies to our customers. These services include six convenient ATMs, a 24-hour automated 1-800 number, Internet Banking and Internet Bill Pay. In 2009, the bank completed construction of the new operations center on the northeast corner of the square in Brownsville to accommodate further growth that the new branch in Bowling Green and continued growth in Brownsville had brought about. It is a state of the art building with specific areas that are climate controlled and equipped with special fire monitoring and suppression systems to protect computer servers and other essential technological infrastructure.
Although Bank of Edmonson County has seen tremendous growth and plenty of trends come and go in the banking industry since the doors opened in 1925, we remain committed to the principles and values that our founders set forth. Bank of Edmonson County has given customers in our area a choice where they do their banking for over 85 years and we continue to believe that customer service is what sets Bank of Edmonson County apart from competitors throughout the region.
Stop by to visit us and you will see that at Bank of Edmonson County, you’re our first priority.